Sunday, January 12, 2014

A Confession

Guys. I have a confession.
A pretty bad one…

I have an obsession with Colin Kaepernick.

Now, you're probably thinking "that's a pretty lame confession." And I would agree with you if I was naive to football. You see, I am a diehard Dallas Cowboys fan. Like, refuse to root for anyone else and would cut off an appendage given the opportunity to make an appearance at Cowboys stadium.

And Colin Kaepernick does not play for the Dallas Cowboys.
Just an FYI.

Don't get me wrong, I love the 'ol boyfriend.
Like immense amounts.

But Colin Kaepernick is one sexy, sexy man. I find myself secretly hoping the 49ers win.
Win it all.

I am repulsing myself.
*excuse my while I puke*

I don't recognize myself anymore, I am not the person who likes other teams. Or other team's players. Especially no other team's quarter-back.

It's very conflicting. I am feel very weird things inside myself. I find myself loving him, yet hating myself at the same time.
Anyone else know what I'm talking about?

Never have I known such happy butterflies, and so much self loathing at the same time.
It reminds me of one of my favorite quotes from one of my favorite books.

"And I want you to know that I am both happy and sad and I'm still trying to figure out how that could be."

I know i'm sounding dramatic, but I just really have a passion for football. And anyone else who does can probably relate to my dramatic thoughts.
It's amazing to me that I can invest myself in a sport I've never even played.

However I am truly invested in how the football season goes.
Every year I hope the Seahawks and Patriots get stomped into the mud.
And that the Cowboys can somehow pull their heads out of their ass long enough to even make it into the play-offs.

This year, though. This year is different.
Now that the Cowboys are out, I find myself hoping the 49ers make it all the way.

I can't bare the thought of sweet, perfect Colin being sad and disappointed.
*le sigh*

1 comment: